Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Monday, May 08, 2006

An Ottawa Citizen

Well, here I am in Ottawa!

My parents and Mike helped me move yesterday... that was a pretty adventurous day... I dare you to try and find an iron in a city you don't know! Anyway, everyone was incredibely helpful in helping me get installed and with my initial grocery shopping. When everyone left, I have to admit, I felt pretty sad. And when I was chatting with my brother on Messenger, I shed a few tears. I feel kind of isolated here, where I don't know anyone and there's no chnace of anyone coming home or wanting to stop by. I'm just not used to being all by myself. It'll just take some getting used to. I'm already feeling better about my situation and I've begun to realize how many chores you have to do when you're all alone! So I've been keeping busy in my tiny little home away from home. Speaking of which:

This is my kitchen! And if you walk through the little doorway there on the left:

You get to my bedroom!

Yeah the chairs are hideous! And my next project is to get something up on those boring white walls! It's a work in progress...

So anyway, today was also my first day of work. Fairly uneventful; I did a lot of reading. My boss is really nice though and I think I'll enjoy working with her. Check it out, this is my title: "Environmental Assessment Officer". I'm an officer! Anyway, I got a tour of the office and I was introduced to everyone, but I spent the whole day in the office I share with my boss so I didn't really get to know anyone. Maybe tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy Lee! I can't believe it!

My brother receives junk email from some LHS alumni site and somehow the link to your blog was part of one of these emails....he fwd it on to me recognizing the name...and sure enough!

I don't think I've seen you since high school, but having read through your blog I feel like I'm all caught up on your life - and a litle like I've invaded your privacy :)

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi! And good luck in Ottawa. I spent a summer working there a few yrs ago myself. Perhaps not as exciting as Mtl, but a very cute (and friendly) city. You'll enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home