Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Monday, April 17, 2006

You Fool... You STUPID FOOL!

So here I am sitting in the computer lab at school. It's really quite strange being here on a holiday. On days like today the buidling locked up excpet for one door that leads you straight to the security desk. Once you get there you have to show your ID card and sign in (and then sign out when you leave). Only faculty and grad students are allowed in on days like today. So anyway, I just went down to the 7th floor cafeteria to heat up my lunch in the microwave. It was really weird to wander around the cafeteria in the middle of the day when it was completely abandoned. How disconcerting! Never before had I thought I would manage to roam an empty Hall building; I'm just so used to it being absolutely bursting with people and noise!

It felt like a scene straight out of a movie! That movie being The Langoliers of course! The Langoliers is based on my very favourite Stephen King novel(la). It's about a group of people who go through a time rip while on an airplane and find themselves stuck 15 minutes in the past. However, this is not your normal, everyday time travel. What happens here is that they end up in a world that is 15 minutes past due and everything has moved on. This world they end up in is completely abandoned; there are no people, sounds don't travel properly, scents disppear, matches don't light and soda doesn't even fizz. Not only is this world boring, but it is the job of the Langoliers to clean up (or eat up) all of the expired worlds. So naturally, these people have to escape this expired world before the Langoliers destroy it, and them. And inevitably there is the guy that goes crazy and tries to kill everyone.

Anyway; great book. Very different. All in all, being in the empty cafeteria today reminded me of that story. And I have a vivid imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home