Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sometimes You Just Gotta Vent

The song lyrics I'm posting here pretty much sum up how I've been feeling lately. The lyrics say it so much better than I ever could. Before you start reading into it too deeply though, please realize that this is not meant to be any sort of comment on my personal social relationships. This song is actually about a romantic relationship, but... whatever. This is school I'm talking about here, and some of the people I have to deal with there, which has become an on-going source of super-stress and frustration for me...

"Don't Cry"*
This is anything but fair
Don't say that it's not 'cuz
You get what you want
And I
Well I don't want this situation
Don't tell anyone that
This is
This
This is
What I've found
I'm surrounded
Don't tell anyone that
This is
This
This is
Where I'm found
I'm so surrounded
And I
Oh I believe
It's never to late
To be what you might have been
And I think we
We are meant to be
I've been here somewhere before
Covered in frustration
But still I've lost me somewhere
And I don't want this situation
Can't fight the situation, losing your inspiration
There's no way home, you're all alone
Can't fight the situation, feeling your desperation
No more time to give, it's your time to live
Thereby hangs a tail, but that's another story
Men are a bundle of relations, a knot of roots
The heart feeling on, the heart sinking within one
The bubble has burst and the game's up
* Performed by "Jakalope", written by Dave Ogilvie, Katie B, Anthony Valcic, Jamey Koch

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for the wordes of encouragement, Kim! You're a doll!

Actually, when I was at school yesterday, trying to finish up a final (group) paper, I was so blindingly furious. But as soon as I handed that paper in, I felt so giddy because suddenly this huge weight just lifted off my shoulders...

I've been feeling insanely happy ever since!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home