Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mary Jane and my Wallet

Yesterday I decided it was finally time for me to bite the bullet and buy myself a new wallet (of course, I only decided this when I found a really cute wallet that I decided I had to have). Actually, my old one was starting to have some issues: the zipper on the change purse wouldn't always close so I'd end up with all of my change at the bottome of my bag, and the stitching was starting to come undone. So: time for a new wallet. When I was paying for my wallet the girl that was ringing up my purchases gestured to the wallet and asked me, "Did you smell it?" Not sure what she was getting at I laughed and said "No!... should I?" She continued "It smells like pot!" She handed me my new wallet, I opened it up and took a whiff. Sure enough, it had a pungent, rotten plant kind of smell. "Smells kinda funky!" I said, and she started to laugh.

Let's just pretend that I don't know what marijuana smells like. But I went to high school, so how could I not know what it smells like?

Anyway, today when I opened my wallet to pay for something, there was an unmistakable pot-like smell emanatinhg from my wallet. Uh-oh! I thought Can everyone around me smell that too? How embarrassing! So I decided to air the thing out: I opened it up at my workstation to hopefully get rid of some of the smell. It was an okay idea until I left the lab without it. But that's another stupid story for another stupid day. No worries though, I got it back!

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I bought it at Europa, the shoe store at the Pointe Claire Shops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home