Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Wonders of Technology

Yesterday I downloaded Skype, a free program that has many resemblances to MSN Messenger. It's a program you can use to make phone calls through your computer. You can pay extra to make calls to real telephones, but you can speak to people on your member list from computer to computer for free. I originally downloaded the program so my project group from school could have conference telephone calls from the comfort of our own homes. That's the cool thing about Skype: conference calling! Anyway, turns out that half of my group can't use it because they don't have microphones or headsets, so I was left with Skype on my desktop and no one to talk to... or so I thought! Out of pure chance Kim told me she was talking to an overseas friend with Skype and I got all excited: someone to talk to! So we chatted for a few minutes. I have to say, it was a pretty weird experience, talking to my computer. Can't say I'd ever done it before and it was made a little stranger that Kim's microphone wasn't working and she was typing everything out on Messenger. So then I really felt like I was talking to myself! Was kinda fun that Kim has a webcam, though.

Kim, you really gotta learn that sign language! Or get a working mic, whatever!

Anyway, if anyone else wants to join us on Skype, you can add me to your list by typing in my user name: it's the same as my Hotmail address, or the same as my Yahoo! address, minus the 2000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home