Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Kick Off Your Sunday Shoes

Last night was Mike's company's Christmas party, believe it or not! It was a lot of fun. It was held at the Chateau Vaudreuil and the really nice part was that all of the employees were offered a room at the hotel for the night at a very reduced price. So we got to stay at the gorgeous Chateau Vaudreuil last night, which was awesome! I had heard it was nice there, but I didn't expect this:


Nice huh? We had a cute little suite with a separate sitting room! I felt like a queen!

Anyway, the cocktails and dinner were very nice, too, and there was a live band for the dance that came afterwards. They played all kinds of fun stuff! Mike also has some really nice and interesting coworkers; one of them spent most of the dinner with a breadstick behind his ear!

Here we are, all dolled up for the party:

Unfortunately, we had to check out of the hotel this morning. I would have happily stayed for another day!

In the meantime, I'm babysitting my 22-year old brother today. He went skiing yesterday with my Dad and his friend and he disappeared for almost two hours. He reappeared eventually and then blacked out for over 3 hours. He woke up this morning with a bad headache and no memory of what had happened to him when he had disappeared. He also couldn't remember stopping at Pizza Hut on the way home from the ski hill, most of the car ride home and putting away all of his skiing equipment. My parents seem to think he probably took a bad fall, bumped his head and got a concussion. So now I'm looking after him to make sure he doesn't start doing anything weird while my parents are out. I told him he's not allowed to fall asleep on my watch!

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Heh heh, thanks, I like the dress, too! I actually bought it on Saturday afternoon, 5 hours before the party started!

Oh yeah, and this is also something that really amused me: in our hotel room there was a card on the desk that said if we didn't like our pillow, we could order one of 8 other pillow models ! Hypoallergenic, foam-based, water-based, etc...

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Aww, fanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home