Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Friday, January 06, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello! Hi! I'm here! Happy New Year!

Yup, I know, it's been a while. The whole Christmas/New Year's thing was hiatus time, I think. The holidays are when everyday life just PAUSES... and craziness ensues. Hence, no blogging. But now I have UNPAUSED and gone back to plain old everyday life. Which is okay, I guess. We can't be in holiday forever (they call that RETIREMENT)!

So yeah, the holidays were fun. A little too fun, I think. I believe there were just a few too many late nights and parties and too many chocolates and mussels eaten. I got sick for a couple of days but apart from that, it was a great time. I got spoiled at Christmas (again) and I'm happy to say that Mike and I managed to put a good dent into our "Moving Out" list. We got so many nice kitchen supplies! And that's really great because that's all stuff you don't really feel like buying yourself, so it's awesome to receive that kind of stuff as gifts! Oh, and Dave and Kim had an awesome party, Christmas Eve: it turned into a dance party, so we ate tons of food and grooved all night long!

Also, I am very proud to say that I have finally begun to learn how to ski! I've been saying for years that I want to learn how, so I finally tried it out over the break. What fun! Painful though... especially when I crashed into Danny and my legs went inside-out. Don't ask me how that's done, I haven't managed to figure it out myself, yet. Anyway, I really lucked out because Kim sold me her old skis for a good price and I managed to get everything else I need for skiing for free, so I'm ready to try it again! The hills still scare me, though...! All in all, it was a painful, exhausting, but fun experience. I had the flu while we were there, but despite that, I think I was a pretty good sport!

Still had the flu on New Year's Eve, so we had to forego the Big Crazy Party. Actually, let me rephrase that. I had to forego the Big Crazy Party. Mike was nice enough to forego it with me, and we spent a much quieter evening at Dave and Kim's. So we had a nice, leisurely fondue, played some games and watched some absolutely HILARIOUS music videos from the 1980's. I think the unanimous favourite was "Obsession" by Animotion . It's your typical '80's video: bad clothes, bad hair, corny video yet singers taking themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

Enjoy the video clip: we sure did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home