Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tell the Police I Ain't Home Tonight

Here's my stupid action of the day:

I was working at the office and someone asked me to send a fax for them. So I went over to the fax machine to do my thing. First, I pushed '9' to get an outside line. Then, I pushed '1' for long distance. Then my finger slipped and I pushed '1' again by mistake. Then, a prerecorded voice started blaring out of the fax machine. So I picked up and replaced the receiver. What was that? I thought to myself. Then I looked down at the screen and saw that I had dialled '911'. "Oh no!" I exclaimed, "I just called 911!" The office administrator laughed at me. Anyway, 5 minutes later I was doing some filing in my boss's office. She walked in and said, "You're not feeling sick, are you?" with a smile on her face. "No," I answered,"Why?" "Because you called 911 and security came upstairs to check it out!" "Oh no!" I said (again). "Don't worry about it," she said, "we told them it was a mistake." I stuck my head out of the office and sure enough, there at the edsk was a security guard filling out a report! So I went back to hide in the office. "He has to fill out a report?" I asked. "Yeah, they have to do it for every 911 call." she said. I felt kinda bad about wasting his time. He was a pretty old guy. I hope he didn't have to run up all those stairs!

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh yeah, I saw that one!

Didn't they think there was some kind of recording device in a vaccuum cleaner?

You're not comparing me to Kelso, are you?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home