Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I Am So Smart: SMRT

Yeah, um... I'm boring!

It's not that I've forgotten about my blog, or grown tired of it, it's just my utter lack of interesting things to say! Am doing the school thing, still working at the BGC and spending the rest of my time just relaxing and trying to forget about school and work!

Anyway, for the first time in my three long years at the golf club, I have finally (although indirectly) made it on the Wall of Shame. Hey, can I help it that I'm not in the habit of saying or doing really dumb things while I'm at work??? Anyway, I was (trying to) train one of the new waitresses and I asked her to prepare some tea for me. Apparently, this woman had never made tea before, because she didn't know to take the tea bag out of the envelope before she poured boiling water over it. I told that little anecdote to one person and suddenly everyone knew and it was put on the Wall of Shame. Anyway, she's no longer with us because she was FIRED. I put 'fired' in caps because that is the first time I ever hear of a waitress getting fired at the BGC. Actually, they've let two waitresses go this fall. I just don't understand it, because it's such an easy job! Well, it's easy if you can understand english and/or french... which is more than I can say for some...

On a completely unrelated note, I got to ride in a Toyota Prius yesterday! I'm telling you, those hybrid cars are pretty cool, it was like being in a spaceship! And the woman that owns it was telling me that she fills up on gas only half of the amount she used to. Now that's smart. So why are there still so many people purchasing SUVs? , what with the ridiculous gas prices? And think of the environment, people! Parenthetically: sorry for the mini-rant. I have to be ecological now that I'm a tree-hugging environMENTAL scientist!

Oh yeah, and I start my new job at school this coming Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home