Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, September 01, 2005

HELLO My Name is Pineapple Coconut

It's back to work at the BGC. On my first day back I witnessed three waitresses about ready to kill someone and another waitress in tears. Can't say I was shocked, though. When my reaction should have been "Oh no, what happened?!", it was actually more along the lines of "Not again." I think it's utterly ridiculous that bawling waitresses is a regular occurence. Some of the people we have to serve are just that bad. The worst part is that a lot of the rest of the staff think the waitresses are just a bunch of wimpy little girls who burst into tears if someone frowns in our general direction. Truth is, you have to be pretty tough to deal with some of these people and we take a lot of crap. Anyway, there were a bunch of excited waitresses the other day when Chef went outside and gave the people a load of trouble for making a waitress cry... Chef can be a pretty cool guy when he wants to be!

Well, I haven't had any trouble since I've returned. But it's only been 2 days, hopefully I can remain trouble-free!

On a completely different note, yesterday's rain was ridiculous. Suppose I shouldn't complain, though, Montreal isn't currently 2m deep in Gulf water. The butt end of Katrina wasn't too hard on us. Anyway, by the time I got to work yesterday morning, I was soaked up to the thighs from the rain. Guess I should have brought more than just an umbrella! Well, that's why good to wear a uniform for work, I was able to change out of my soaking clothes and stick them in the dryer. Going home I was relatively dry with the exception of my still-sopping shoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home