Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Monday, August 15, 2005

Another Line Without a Book

Had an interesting weekend. I felt like quite the socialite, we went to 2 BBQs on Saturday! BBQ #1 was in St. Lazare, thrown by one of Mike's coworkers. So I finally got to meet some of the people that Mike works with and they were all really nice! It was a lot of fun, there were all kinds of drinks and snacks and we played basketball in the pool. They were firing up the grill just as we were leaving, but that was alright, we had hamburgers waiting for us at BBQ #2.

BBQ #2 was in NDG, it was a housewarming/birthday party. These people were friends of Mike's family. So I met this man who - had I not known better - seemed bent on insulting me. Honestly, it was a bit awkward. It seemed that he disapproved of everything I said: "I go to Concordia" (he scowled). "I just graduated" ("Oh, you graduated from arts"). "I'm going to grad school in environmental science" ("But it's a 'soft science' at that"). I couldn't win with this guy! Furthermore, he decided to bring up Mike's ex-girlfriend, describing them as "sweet"... Inappropriate, no? Anyhow, I was a little annoyed, but it's pretty difficult to take someone like that seriously!

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be like Steph and post my comment twice.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be like Steph and post my comment twice.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok... only kidding Steph! Yeah, John was quite odd at the BBQ, but that's just because you're not used to his teasing. He's actually pretty funny... when his teasing isn't centred on you!

Anyways, hopefully he sucks at golf so I can smoke him on labour day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home