Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Golf and Me

Now that I'm working at the golf club again, I decided that this year, I would finally take advantage of having free access to a nationally acclaimed private golf course. Hey, why not? And now I have the ultimate reason to brush up on my golfing skills (golfing skills? What golfing skills?): Mike has signed us up for a golf tournament with his company. Apparently, proceeds are going towards the Terry Fox fund for cancer research. It's on September 17th.

Anyhow, seeing as up until about a week ago I had never even held a golf club, I decided that I should get out to the driving range and try to figure out how golf works. Last week, Steph invited me to go out and play a round with 2 other people from work. However, the other 2 cancelled at the last minute and since neither Steph nor I knew what we were doing, golf-wise, we decided to look a little less idiotic and go to the Golf Dome instead. So we shared a bucket of balls and made some valiant attempts at driving. Steph helped me out with some of the basics, but nevertheless, it was a sordid affair. I sucked... but it was still fun!

Then, on Saturday morning, Mike took me back to the Golf Dome and gave me even more pointers and kept a close eye on what I was doing, coaching me along. In the end, I made some big improvements, but I still need a lot of practice. I mean, I don't need to be really good, I just don't want to look completely inept. At least our golfing partners will be Kim and Dave and not strangers. So we'll all be able to have a good, relaxed time at the tournament!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home