Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Birthday - Part II

Okay, so during the afternoon of the 17th I ended up helping out at the field bar. Although it was insanely busy there, I had fun and ended up walking away with $15 and change in tips. Pretty exciting, considering getting tips at the golf club is a rare occurence.

Anyway, after work, Mike came and picked me up. We arrived at my house at the same time as my mom, who had gone to pick up my brother and his girlfriend. Dinner was yummy (BBQed steaks and potatoes for dinner and orange cake for dessert, just what I had asked for!). Then it was present time! My parents got me a new MP3 player. I had asked for one because my old one was old and no longer working properly.

Mike really spoiled me! And he was very clever about it, too! He felt somewhat vindicated, though, because he got his revenge for what I did to him at his birthday: I had ordered one of his gifts from e-Bay and it was taking a long time to arrive in the mail. So instead of waiting for who knew how long, I gave him one present on his actual birthday. And the next day, I gave him another, and so on. By the time the last gift arrived, he had already opened 3 gifts. Anyway, the waiting game can be pretty tough! So on my birthday, Mike gave me a 6-sided die. Every half hour, I could roll it and open up the corresponding gift for whichever number it landed on. It took a while, but eventually I opened all of my gifts! Among other things: a white gold necklace and earring set, the new "Harry Potter" book and season 1 of "Arrested Development"!

The funniest part about my birthday gifts concerned the jewelry he bought me. Apparently, when he bought the earrings and necklace, they came from a new jewelry line that the store was promoting. And it must have been a huge promotion! They gave him 2 more sets of jewelry for free, to go with the one he had bought! So in addition, I ended up with 2 more necklaces, an extra pendant, 4 more sets of earrings, 2 bracelets and a brooch! Whew! It's a good thing he also bought me a jewelry box!

As for my birthday party, it keeps getting pushed back again and again. So the celebration isn't over. Looks like I'll still be celebrating in August!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home