Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Birthday - Part I

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote! It's not for lack of stories, though... it's just been so busy that I haven't gotten around to it!

I'm another year older... 24 sounds so old! But that's okay, birthdays are fun... and I was so SPOILED! We started celebrating on Friday when Mike took me to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I had some doubts about the remake, but all in all, they did a pretty good job in updating it. The Oompa Loompas were awesome! I was a bit disappointed in the morals they tried to sneak in there and Charlie was a bit too angelic. And Wonka too mean. But he was also really eccentric which was really good.

Saturday morning we had to go and bottle the wine we had put aside 6 weeks ago. My parents, aunt and uncle were there, too. The adventure started when the key to my uncle's new car wouldn't work in the lock. He was trying to open the drivers side door, wiggling the key around in the lock, to know avail. I thought, 'no matter' and stuck my hand through the open window in the back passenger side. However, as soon as I touched the car, the alarm went off! And the remote on the keychain wouldn't work either! So we stood there staring at the madly honking car for a couple minutes before it turned itself off. Meanwhile, the residents in the 3 senior citizens buildings right behind the parking lot must not have been pleased! Anyhow, word got around that my uncle's car was insane and my dad tried to help. The key wouldn't work in the trunk, so they couldn't pack up his wine. Couldn't put it in the backseat because the alarm would go off. My aunt also left to buy a new battery for the remote starter. While we waited, we managed to set the alarm off 2 more times. Then the new battery came and... it didn't work! So we all hopped into my dad's car. The plan was drop off myself and my mom at home and then bring my aunt and uncle to the Ford dealership to get everything figured out. Enroute to my house, my uncle, sitting in the backseat, was examining his keychain. "Where's the little copper thing that's usually on my chain?" he asked. At that moment, my aunt opened her purse and pulled out a keychain: it had a copper keychain, a familiar looking Ford key and an identical remote starter to the one my uncle had in his hand. The proper key had been in my aunt's purse the whole time! They had been thrying to use their son's car key on their car! In the end, we all had a good laugh!

Saturday evening was much more relaxing; Mike took me to Baton Rouge for dinner (my choice!). Mmm, baby back ribs!

So Sunday was my real birthday! I got to sleep in a tiny bit because I had managed to switch my 6:00 am shift to an 11:00 shift. Thank goodness! Anyway, during my break, Steph gave me some birthday gifties, including a "Betty Boop" t-shirt and "Care Bears" socks! I really am just a big kid, aren't I?!

Okay, I'm going to continue with this post later! So much left to say, but I've still got other things to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home