Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Too Many Good-Byes in One Week

Yesterday was a day full of anecdotal adventures and I'll take this opportunity to remember Dave while he flies - as I type - across Canada with his girlfriend to start a new life in Vancouver. I got up at 6:00 am yesterday morning to go to their farewell breakfast at "Chez Cora's" downtown. Afterward, Melissa and her girls went shopping and Dave had time to kill so we kept each other company for the day. After taking care of some business at school and making some purchases at the SAQ, we sat in Tim Hortons for over 2 hours, talking about anything and everything. And watching the people walking by outside. At one point, I saw my old co-worker from the office so I ran outside like a crazy person and accosted her on the sidewalk. Naturally, I scared her but even so, she joined us at Timmy Ho's for her lunch. And she told me all of the latest office gossip and confirmed that everyone is getting screwed around and people are getting really pissed off. Maybe I'm lucky I don't have to deal with it! Anyway, after she left we continued people-watching and noticed a man with a poodle walk by about six times and a guy spit bright yellow onto the sidewalk! We also saw a flipped-over van on de Maisonneuve. Downtown, you always see the most exciting things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home