Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Friday, June 10, 2005

It's All coming Together

Graduation is quickly approaching! Convocation is on Monday afternoon so preparations are under way. I went to register for convocation on Wednesday and I also picked up my gown and hood and got my photo taken (for free!). I'll be getting proofs in the mail next week. While I was waiting in line for photos, there was this guy in front of me who is finishing up his Master's in French. The photographer's aide gave him a robe and the hood with a metallic blue trim. As she was straightening the hood across his shoulder he said, "Is there another colour besides blue? It doesn't make a very nice picture." The woman then tried to explain to him that the colours of the hoods represent the faculty you are graduating from and you're not supposed to wear a hood of a different colour. Said man continued to subtely complain so the woman relented. She showed him the different coloured hoods. In the end he selected an orange hood, giving the impresion that he is getting a Master's in Engineering! Is that allowed? I don't know, it doesn't seem right to me! Well, I stuck to my own blue hood... yay Arts and Science!

Anyway, while I was waiting in line, I also saw an old friend from CEGEP, and that's always fun! Turns out we have the same convocation (he's graduating from Bio Chem), so that'll mean another person to clap for! And that's good, because clapping for strangers gets kind of boring! So while we were chatting we walked over to a table where they were giving out boxes of free stuff for graduating students (toothpaste, Dr. Pepper, a can of tuna [?!], instant coffee, Juicy Fruit gum, carabiner, shampoo samples, body wash samples, etc.). And, sure enough, standing at the table was another old friend, one of the COOLEST people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I hadn't seen her in a long time because she was bombing around Europe with her band, being all famous and stuff! So we were able to catch up for a while and then she invited me over to play croquet on the weekend! We'll have to see how the weather is, I think it's supposed to rain. Anyway, she helped me pick out a diploma frame. I chose the mid-range diploma out of 5 choices. Even so, it set me back $155! Ouch!

1 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on monday's convocation! I won't be there..I know, it won't be the same haha
have fun,
good luck with everything else!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home