Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I Love JUICE!!!

I'm finally getting around to writing about my weekend! What day is it now... Wednesday? Oh well! It was a great weekend, we finally had some nice weather! Saturday was spent at the beer fest, which was a lot of fun! We got there at around 12:30, tried out a couple drinks, all very nice and then the place began to really fill up around 2:00. Mike ran into some of his friends from McGill and I ran into some old Concordia friends who subsequently invited us over for a BBQ in the evening. And so went went there and had some fun just like old times!

Some of the notable beers we experienced at beer fest (in no particular order):


  1. Cidre de Glace by Domaine Pinnacle. Okay, this one isn't beer, it's apple cider. But only the best apple cider I've ever tried. And it sparkles, too!
  2. Noire Soeur by Microbrasserie Le Grimoire. Nice pun. The darkest beer I've ever encountered, it's completely opaque but so smooth and mild!
  3. L'Amourette by Brasserie Artisanale Bon Dieu du Ciel. Didn't even taste like beer. Bright red, sour with a raspberry flavour. Very refreshing!
  4. Mouche Noir by same as above. Smooth, no aftertaste.
  5. Carib by Le Group Bruce Ashley. I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of this one, but all of the guys really liked it.
  6. Poppers Cran Ice by Broue Alliance Inc. Simply yummy!

Most of you will probably note that my favourites are fruity flavoured!

Anyway, on to Saturday: Chrissy, Kim and I made the drive to CEGEP St. Laurent (and got a little misplaced along the way) to attend the annual Aerobikidz dance show in support of Steph. I have to say it, "Studio A" has come a long way since I "retired". The show was amazing to watch; much more professional than when I was there. However, the dance school's "darlings". the supposed best-of-the-best were fairly nauseating with their own special video-set-to-music personal montage featuring clips of performances, headshots and a group photo. I swear, these girls get more and more egotistical every year and the director encourages it. Gimme a break! Despite the evident self-flattery, the show was really good, Steph absolutely ROCKED and I was inspired enough to decide to get back into dancing in the fall. I've been wanting to do a little jazz and I realized at the show that Aerobikidz now offers jazz lessons... and Steph says she plans on taking a class as well. Anyway, I'll have to see of my new school schedule leaves me time for extracurricular activities. Apparently, most of my classes will be in the evenings, so... we'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home