Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Campfire Stories

Hmm, blogs seem to be pretty stagnant lately. I was expecting to have to do some catch-up reading after the long weekend of camping, but I returned home to find that no one had written anything!

OK, so, lots of stuff happened... First, a bunch of us went to see Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith on Friday night. I'm not a huge fan of the movies, but I do enjoy them. Anyway, it was very good. I wasn't looking forward to sitting there for 2 1/2 hours, but it actually went by really fast.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday were spent camping at Voyageur park, just on the other side of the Ontario border. Good times, despite the intermittent showers. Luckily, it never poured, we just put up with a lot of drizzling! We were 8 people, so it made a good party. Oddly enough, we were surrounded by West-Islanders and we spend part of an evening at this one campsite where we later found out that some of the people had even gone to the same high school as many of the people in our own group. Small world! Other memorable events:

  1. getting the keys locked in the Civic (I wasn't there, but apparently some random guy came out of the woods and coat-hangered the door open. This guy said he used to work for Honda and knew how to get the doors open, despite their additional protection against break-ins. So much for CAA!).
  2. the subsequesnt run-in with the OPP (yeah, you know me!). Again, I wasn't there, but it makes a good story!
  3. Kim jamming the vending machine with a stick.
  4. Danny: "Take the picturrrrrrrre!!!... What are you waiting forrrrrrrrrrr!!!"
  5. my own claim to fame: "four calls paddle!"
  6. "G-g-g-g-g-g-G Unit!"
  7. "PJ Katie's Farm, PJ Katie's Farm!"

I don't expect people who weren't on the trip to understand the above comments, but maybe I can get a chuckle out of some of the people who were there...! Despite the fact that the park wardens kept telling us to shut up (and threatened us with eviction), it was a great time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home