Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Help Me Feel the Burn! Give Me Suggestions!

I got an interesting e-mail this morning from an old friend I know from school. It was about the annual "Summer Burn" CD-trade, an activity I had never heard of before. Essentially, what happens is this: you sign up and then make a CD compilation of songs of your choice - songs that make you think of summer. Then, on June 21, you get an e-mail with two other participants' addresses and you send them each a copy of the CD you made. At the same time, two others receive your address and send you THEIR compilations, so you get two new compilations! Anyhow, I thought it sounded like fun and thought I'd like to participate. All that to say, I was wondering if anyone had some fun suggestions of summer-inspired songs to put on my CD... Come on, I know there are some real music connoisseurs out there!

Oh yeah, and if you want to look into the Summer Burn CD exchange for yourself, just click here!

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Does nobody have ANY suggestions?! Is anyone even READING anymore?!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Yes, good song... Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it! I'll add it to my list!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Aurora said...

Okay. You surely knew I would have to post a comment here, right?

Why don't you pull out that burn of Liz Phair's Whip Smart I made you last year. How about Supernova? or Jealousy?

Or if you want to be a bit more obvious, how about the old Buzz classic, "Cold Beverages" by G-Love and Special Sauce. It's pretty darn fun!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Aww, GOOD SONGS! Unfortunately, the CD's are already done, I have to send them out today. Thanks anyway, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home