Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

That's No Way to Get a Girl

It's amazing the amount of emotion a single person can incur. And I don't mean happy emotions. I'm talking anger, frustration.... and nausea. Even though nausea isn't an emotion. An ex-boyfriend called me this morning. Actually, I don't know if I could ever have called him a boyfriend. We were together for, oh... six weeks, I'd say. This was 2 years ago. Since then, I have learned to dislike him with a passion, and I try to never think about him because I've come to view my past relationship with him as the single most regrettable thing I've ever done. So what do you do when, all of a sudden, 2 years later, he e-mails you? I was told to ignore it because answering back would just encourage him. So I ignored it. Seems that wasn't enough because he called me this morning (my sole consolation is that it was long distance). Wanted to know how I was doing, what I was doing, "blah, blah, blah" (that's his quote; eloquent, eh?) Anyway, just hearing his voice got all those aformentioned emotions (and stomach ailments) going. At one point he asked if I was still using the same e-mail address for MSN Messenger. "No, I changed it" I answered. I know this was his way of asking for my new address, but I don't want him on my MSN. He's already blocked, anyway! So at this point, I realized that he was trying to get back into my life, which I really don't want. No need to ALWAYS feel angry, frustrated and nauseous! So at that point I said, "Listen, I don't want to be mean, but I got your e-mail, and I chose to ignore it. I'm really not interested in keeping in touch." He said "Okay, no problem" and I hung up the phone. Enough's enough, I hope I never hear from him again. I hate having to be so mean to people, but I think that sometimes, they won't take 'no' for an answer, otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home