Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

All the Personality of a... What?

So we FINALLY went to the waterslides on the weekend. What fun! We were lucky to have really nice weather so late in the month. Oh, and we went on the new slide, the "Tornade", which looks like a huge funnel lying on its side. And one must not forget all of the garbage and junk strewn in front of the slide, which is supposed to be décor. You have to be 4 people to go on the Tornade, and we were only 3, so we asked this random man to join us. Naturally, he was happy to skip most of the line and accompany us! Funny little man said that he lives right near the water park and is there almost every day! Well, I think that's what he said, he had this tendency of speaking really quietly!

Last week, I went to HMV downtown after I finished my final exam for my summer class. As I was looking at some DVDs, I heard this voice coming from behind me say "Can I help you with anything?" The voice startled me, so I quickly turned around. And saw a familiar face. "Hey, you're <insert name here>!" (I won't put his name in, there's no need to go violating people's privacy without their permission, right? Especially since he's a loser with extra loser sauce). He simply said "Yes." Figuring he might not have recognized me, I said "I'm Nancy, I know Steph, who you used to go to school with." His reply: "OK". And then he just looked at me. No inquiry as to how I'm doing, no inquiry as to how Steph's doing, nothing. Just an "OK" and a stare. Flustered, I said, "Well... I just thought I'd say 'hi'... um, " and here I waved my hand toward the DVD rack, "Yeah, I'm ok, I don't need any help... thanks." And I beat a hasty retreat. Does this guy have absolutely no social skills? I can't possibly understand how he got a job at HMV. Anyway, as I escaped to the other end of the room, I couldn't believe how he had made me feel so stupid, when he was the one that was acting like a... I don't know what... something without a personality! Anyway, if I ever run into him again, maybe it'll be safer to simply pretend I don't know him!

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Tell me about it! I checked my blog today to find 9 comments... and only one that was not an advertisement. Luckily they can be erased. I'm not gonna stand for this crap!

WHY ME?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home