Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Monday, August 22, 2005

Who's Bad?

On the weekend, Mike and his younger brother showed me the coolest video game I have ever encountered. It was this old Sega Genesis (remember those) game from 1988. Let me describe it to you:

The game begins as a tall, dark and mysterious-looking man walks through a door and onto the playing screen. He looks mysterious because he's wearing a white Dragnet-style suit, brimmed hat pulled low over his eyes. He wears a violet shirt, white tie and suspenders. As he so suavely enters the room, he nonchalantly flicks a dime from his fingers. The dime soars through the air to land perfectly in the slot of the vintage juke-box. "Smooth Criminal" begins to play. Omigod, it's Michael Jackson!

I had heard of the game "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker" before, but this was the first time I had ever seen it. And it was awesome! I have to say, I've been an MJ fan since I was very young, and this game just did it for me! So you have to run through these levels saving crying little girls, all the while beating up bad guys with your killer dance moves... he grabs his crotch, he spins on his heels, he throws his hat like a boomerang. The best part is, if Michael starts to dance, all of the bad guys dance with him, and they do choreographies straight out of the videos! Also, if ever he finds a flying blue streak and catches it, he turns into "The Moonwalker", a huge silver robot that flies with a jet-pack and shoots lasers in every direction. Yeah, didn't understand that part, either!

Moving on: so I played my very first game of golf on Sunday, with Mike, Dave and Kim. What a fun game! I'm not very good, but I've been practicing and I was happy to note that I don't completely suck! I got the occasional good shot, which was exciting, but I still need more practice!

Before I go, I just want to comment on the comments I've been getting lately. In my last 3 posts, or so, I've gotten 3 comments that were simply advertisements. Am I the only one with this problem? Getting comments is exciting, but it's a big disappointment to find that it's actually someone that has simply left links to their own pages for advertising purposes. This is MY SITE, guys, I'll promote what I care to promote! Anyhow, any more advertising I find on my blog will be 'BALEETED' (that's 'deleted' for those of you who don't watch Homestar Runner - now there's a site that deserves some promotion!), just like the page-long crap about investing in who-knows-what that I found yesterday.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker is getting the dogs to dance with you. Well, the music kicks ass too... anyways, anyone who wants to play it, just google "Sega ROM" and you'll find about fifty sites where you can download an emulator for free. Then find the game and you're set.
As for golf, that's a challenging sport! I don't understand why my irons are better out of the rough than off the fairway, but I guess that's the mystery of the game! Well, September 17 is quickly approaching, everybody get some practice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home