Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Monday, October 17, 2005

Props to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit! Peace out!

Here's an anecdotal story that I've been meaning to write about. I just haven't gotten around to until now.

A while back I went downtown to a bar with Mike and his younger brother. On our bus ride home that night, there was a young-ish guy sitting next to us that did the sign of the cross. At the time we just assumed the guy thought we were evil and we thought nothing else of it. Of course, I don't know why he would think we were evil, I believe the three of us had the lowest level of degeneracy of all of the people on that entire middle-of-the-night bus. Anyway, said event was forgotton. Until a few days later when I saw a young skater guy do the sign of the cross while I was riding on the bus. Different guy, though. Anyway, he did the sign of the cross, made a prayer and topped it off with another criss-cross (Christ Cross??).

So what's the deal? Why have I been seeing these young skater guys praying on the bus? Is this a new trend? Is religion cool again, all of a sudden? Anyway, seems to me you've got nothing to lose if you start praying. It can't hurt, after all. Maybe it's good for these young people to have faith in something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home