Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Trying

As some of you already know, I've been having a hard time with some of my classes this semester, and I've been rather stressed out. That's not to say I'm giving up. Not at all! In fact, I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that the remainder of the semester will be a huge challenge and I'm getting ready to face it. In the meantime, I've been listening to my "Zen Song". It calms me down and motivates me. Music has always been a huge inspiration to me, mostly when I can identify with what the song is about. I've been listening to this song over and over, and since it's been an inspiration to me, I thought I'd put the lyrics down. And give Fiona Apple some credit where credit is due.

Waltz (Better Than Fine)
If you don't have a song to sing
You're ok
You know how to get along humming
If you don't have a date
Celebrate
Go out and sit on the lawn
And do nothing
-'Cause it's just what you must do and
Nobody does it anymore
No I don't believe in the wasting of time
But I don't believe that I'm wasting mine
If you don't have a point to make
Don't sweat it
You'll make a sharp one being so kind
(And I'd sure appreciate it)
Everyone else's goal's
To get big-headed
Why should I follow that beat,
Being that I'm
Better than fine

As the title suggests, the song is a waltz, which I personally find to be one of the more captivating and enchanting melodic forms. Anyway, it gives the song much of it's character and uplifting appeal.
And it makes me feel good. You don't have to like it, but I do. That's what's important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home