Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Lookin' Like a True Survivor, Feelin' Like a Little Kid

Dear Bloggy,

Happy birthday! How does it feel to be one year old?! I bet it feels pretty good! I honestly can't relate, because I don't remember what it was like to be one year old... Anyway. I'm pretty proud of myself, that I've been able to maintain you, Oh Bloggy, for a year now. I've tried on many occasions to keep diaries and for some reason, it never worked for very long. Maybe I was too lazy or maybe my life was just too boring, who knows? But I'm so glad I'm keeping a log of everything I experience and do, because I know that these coming years are going to be the most important, exciting and scariest years of my life. So isn't it the best time to keep track of my experiences? In retrospect, diaries aren't ideal because they get old, tattered, faded and ultimately thrown out or lost. Since I have my faithful Bloggy on the internet, I can rest assured that at any time, I can pluck you out of cyberspace and reminisce. I sincerely hope and plan that you'll be with me when I finish Grad school, when I start my career, when Mike and I buy our house, etc. See what I mean by "the most important, exciting and scariest years of my life"?! Oh by the way, this puts things into perspective for me: the invitations for Christine and Martin's wedding came in the mail the other day. It's all happening!

Well Bloggy, I hope you're ready for another year of excitement... it's gonna be a big one. Because I have no idea where I will be one year from today!

Love from,

Nancy

Oh yeah, how could I forget: and a happy birthday to Ashton Kutcher! He was, after all, an oddly indirect inspiration for starting this blog in the first place. Have I had any more psychic dreams since then? Hard to say...

2 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh, Christine is Dave, Mike & Danny's cousin. She and Martin will be getting married in Cuba in June.

The question reamins as to whether or not I will be able to go. I know I said I don't know where I'll be a year from now, but the reality is that I don't even know where I'll be 3 months from now!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

OOOO I want a sign from the Cuban god!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home