Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Friday, March 10, 2006

When You're Done Whining and Taking Things Back

When our department moved to the Hall building in October, there was a general hubbub concerning the poor state of the Seminar Room's new whiteborads: once they were written on, the markings on the board would not erase. People tried different brands of markers, different products to clean the boards... nothing worked. Eventually, the boards became full of illegible markings of various colours. Complaints accumulated and the factulty and staff exchanged over 100 e-mails about the whiteboards.

So today I was sitting at my desk (where I have a nice window looking out into the hallway) and I saw these two guys carrying a big whiteboard to the Seminar Room. Wow, finally! I thought, They're replacing the whiteboards! At this point, it was about noon and my coworker (who's in charge right now because our boss in on vacation) was just leaving for lunch. About ten minutes later, the guy that was installing the whiteboards came to my desk.
"I am looking for the administrator." he said.
"I'm sorry, she's gone for lunch," I answered. "Is there anything I can help you with?"
"Sure. I'm here to replace the whiteboards, and we're an honest company, so I want to show you something." He gestured to the Seminar Room. "Would you mind following me?" So I left my office and follwed him down the hallway. As we entered the Seminar Room he said "I can show you why the boards weren't working." And he proceded to rip the protective plastic coasting off the the board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home