Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Monday, May 01, 2006

Move It on Over

Yesterday made for a fun little road-trip! I consider myself very lucky that it was so easy for me to find a place to live in Ottawa for the summer. So, next weekend I'll be relocating to my (tiny) new basement apartment for the summer. It's in a private home just south of downtown Ottawa and it's great because it's self-contained: it has a kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom and laundry and internet is included in the rent, so it's perfect! Not much room for entertaining, though! Oh well! Anyway, I made a down-payment on the place yesterday and I already have my keys so I'll be ready to move in on the weekend.

And today was my last day of work at the Geography department. I'll be honest and say that it was pretty anti-climactic, even when it was time to go home. My boss patted me on the shoulder and said "Well, thanks for everything and good luck in Ottawa" and then that was it. And my other co-worker who's been saying for a while that she's going to miss me so much once I'm gone just kind of smiled and left with my boss. On one hand I'm kind of disappointed that it was so abrupt and almost thoughtless, but on the other hand, goodbyes are difficult and sad and nobody really likes to deal with them, so I was spared the emotional stuff. It's almost as if I'll be back again tomorrow...

Anyway, I'm still at school simply because I don't think properly when I get excited: I went to "Urban Outfitters" today to buy some moving-out stuff. My main purchase was a small mattress that you can roll up. That's for when anyone wants to stay overnight at my little place. Rolled up, it's still a rather large bundle and I didn't really think about the part where I have to bring it home on the bus... during rush-hour. I know for a fact that if I bring that thing on a crowded bus, I will be hated by everyone on that bus for the entire 40-minute ride home. So I'm just sitting here killing as much time as I can before I dare hop on a bus with my mattress! I just have to get home fairly soon because mom's taking me to Ikea to buy me a small desk that will fit in my new place: that way my computer will have a spot to stay!

Yup, I think everything's coming together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home