Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Drumroll Please...

It's official, I'm moving to Ottawa for the summer!

I've actually known since Thursday afternoon, but I'm only getting around to posting now, sorry! I actually received an e-mail on Thursday afternoon saying that they wanted to let me know as soon as possible that they wanted to hire me and that they were in the process of working with human resources to make me an official offer of employment!

So for the rest of Thursday and all of Friday I worked madly to finish my two last projects for school (yay, now I'm officially done!) and told my boss at the Geography department about my new job. "When does my job here end?" I asked her, "Whenever you want" she answered (sweet!). So she told me I should take this coming Friday off so I can "gather my thoughts" before I move, because I'll probably have to move next weekend. So my last day at the Geography department will be on Monday. So sad...

So yeah, moving next weekend, I know that's really fast! On Friday when I got home from work I started making some phone calls for rooms to rent. So far I've set up three appointments and Mike and I will be driving over to Ottawa on Sunday to check them out.

Phew! It's been a busy couple of days! My task next week will be to go shopping and buy some appropriate office clothing and shoes. I'm not complaining, I'm going shopping!

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks Steph! Yeah, I'm planning on being in Montreal pretty often. A round trip with Greyhound is just over $50, which is pretty affordable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home