Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, May 18, 2006

It Cancels Out My Misery

Had a meeting with my boss today. She tells me that so far I've been doing very well and she likes the work I do. Hurray! While work is going well, I just wish everything else was going as smoothly! Pay day was on Wednesday and unfortunately, it seems as though I have not been added to payroll yet so... no cheque for me. This becomes problematic as I have about $70 to my name right now. This has to last me until May 31st. Theoretically, I'll get my first cheque on the 31st. Of course, it takes three days for a cheque to clear so that means I will not have the funds to pay rent and get a bus pass for June on the 1st. I also have to buy groceries and buy a bus ticket to Montreal for next weekend. I don't think my $70 will get me very far... Luckily, I'm surrounded by people who care about me and are willing to lend me (more) money. I just hate having to borrow money, I feel like so a mooch! I just have to keep reminding myself that this period of serious monetary shortage is only temporary, as long as it may seem.

On top of my current money problems, it seems as though everything around me is breaking! What a time for everything to break! Anyway, yesterday a drawer in my kitchen broke and now it is out of commission. Next, I noticed that my alarm clock was being retarded: it seems to take one second for every minute to pass! So it looks more like a microwave timer than a clock. No matter, it still seems to be keeping time. Although the display is going 60 times faster than it should, the alarm still somehow went off at 7:00 this morning. Oh yeah, and maybe I should mention here that I'm not STUPID I tried the unplug and replug technique... that simply set the high-speed counting back to zero!

What else? My computer at work wasn't working properly this morning (I couldn't get on the internet) and the headphones for my MP3 player decided to start making annoying scratchy sounds. All that to say, some day when I have some money, I will be able to fix up all of my stuff that broke just yesterday!

Why does all of this stuff have to happen at the same time?!

I remain cheerful... my boss says I'm doing well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home