Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's a Bit Late for the Winter Blah's

Alrighty, well this is the first post I ever write where I didn't have some topic in mind. However, I haven't written in several days, and I think I'm going through withdrawl!

On the weekend, I got my first cold ever. I've had the sniffles before, even a sore throat, but this was something different. It knocked me right out for four days and I'm only just recovering, poor me! Ugh, I never want to have a cold ever again! All that to say, I didn't really have any adventures to record about last weekend... Oh, excpet for another sighting of the "Montreal Massacre-er"! This time my Dad saw him. Apparently this guy likes to switch it up sometimes and pass through the neighbour's lawn.

As things are pretty mundane right now, let me just skip ahead in time a bit, and reflect on some upcoming activities: Mike's graduation ball is on April 1st, that's the "Plumber's Ball" for graduating students in Engineering. Should be fun; lots of food, wine, dancing and uber-smart dinner companions! Classes are finishing soon, so that's nice. Also, I've just asked to get a week off of work at the beginning of May: Mike and I are planning a one week trip to Cuba! I'm pretty excited about that, considering I haven't had a vacation since I was 17. That's going on 7 years without a decent break! Well, maybe my trip to China was a bit of a break, but that was for "research"... I'll put that one in quotations! And when I returned I was banned from work for 2 weeks because of the SARS epidemic. I would consider that a break if it had not been against my will! For the safety and well-being of my fellow man, I stayed in my house (please note the sarcasm in my previous sentence... it is difficult to portray in writing)!

So yeah, there are some things to look forward to. I guess that's how I keep myself going during the slow times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home