Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wish for Better Weather

Hey; I'm no longer an intern! Now I'm an official public servant. At least, for the next four months or so.

So, a few exciting things coming up! This Saturday is Mike's company's annual golf tournament, which should be a lot of fun. We've been to driving ranges and golf courses for the past several weekends... hopefully all of that practise will pay off on Saturday! If not, there's always the steak dinner after the tournament to look forward to!

As for next weekend, I'm currently trying to decide whether or not I should go on a camping trip with some of my old buddies from school. I haven't seen them in a long time, and it would be fun to get together again for a weekend. So that could be awesome. There are issues though: it's at Lake Champlain and for someone without a license, let alone a car, it will be difficult to find transportation (oh yeah, and not to mention I'm in OTTAWA and not Montreal, like everyone else). Also, there's the issue of going two weeks without seeing any family or friends... but I think I can deal with that one. I think I'm getting rather used to being, for the most part, a loser loner!

Speaking of being a loser, I was forced into taking last Friday off, because I was required to have a one day break in service between the end of my internship and the beginning of my contract position. So what did I do on my off? Well, I stopped by the office, of course! And went out for lunch with some of my coworkers (we always go out on Fridays and have an extended lunch). I have to take every opportunity I can to interact with people!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home