Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Friday, July 21, 2006

Just Checkin' In

It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought I'd just stop in and say "hello!" Not much has been happening lately, so there hasn't been all that much reason to write.

It was my birthday though, that's noteworthy. It just seems that the older I get, the more anticlimactic my birthday seems. Remember when you were young and your birthday was so special? Now it just seems to feel like any other day, excpet you get gifts. And that's exactly what it is, isn't it? Ha ha, now I sound ungracious! Actually, the celebrating part of my birthday was fun; a bunch of us went out for a really nice dinner last Saturday to PortoVino and everyone positively spoiled me! On Sunday, I had lunch with my family and Mike and I was spoiled once again! The only thing is, my birthday was actually on Monday, so all of the celebrating was preemptive. For the Monday, I had arranged to meet all of the people I know in Ottawa (all four of them) at a bar, because I knew I wouldn't feel like sitting in The Basement all alone. As luck would have it, it got cancelled and I ended up spending the evening in The Basement, despite my efforts. Heh, no wonder my birthday felt like just any other day... because it was! Actually, my supervisor at work took me out for lunch, which was nice. While it was kind of a pain that the air conditing wasn't working in the restaurant (and if you remember Monday it was 43 degrees that day), it ended up working out because the waitress took off $4.00 from everyone's bill; she felt bad for us!

Oh yeah, I'm a quater of a century old now... that sounds so old!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home