Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Friday, April 08, 2005

Springtime

You always know when it's spring on my street. Not only does the weather get warm and the air begins to smell like rot, but all of the kids on the street come out from hiding. During the summer, the street is always full of kids and every springtime, there seem to be MORE! As soon as the weather warms up, the kids appear, and you can see how big they've gotten. And you can see the new ones that appeared. And you can see all of the (once again) pregnant mothers. Then you can catch up on all of the neighbourhood gossip... oh to live in the suburbs!

It's great to see all of the kids playing together on the street (if you like kids, that is!) and all of the parents congregating in driveways. On Thursday, it was sunny and 14 degrees and all of the kids came out, babysitters and parents in tow, for the first time this year. And I noticed something: the kids that I used to babysit are now babysitting... now I feel so old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home