Not Your Average Butcher

Fast Fact: The average butcher has 7.3 fingers. Actually, I made that up, but I have all 10 of my fingers, so that's saying something... or is it?

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Folly

I ran into Dave today on the shuttle bus going from Loyola to Sir George. Dave is always a fun guy to hang out with, mostly because he's sillier than I am and he's quite witty. So it was fun to hang out and chat while standing on the overcrowded bus in rush hour traffic. We talked about the "anomynous" comment he left for me on a previous post and I am also in debt to him for saving me when the bus driver slammed on the breaks and I "very almost fell down." We had a subsequent intelligent conversation peppered with more examples of our great knowledge of grammer and pronunciation. Once in class, our prof. provided an example of his own superior intellect in admitting that he did not know how to spell "Hausmann." He then told us that he had seen it spelled countless different ways, with "various combinations of two s's and two n's." How many combinations of two s's and n's can you possibly have? We then rounded up our class by watching a video of an African beauty pagent. Where's the educational value in that? Oh well, can't say that it wasn't entertaining... after all, there WAS a drag queen...!

Dave... hey... hey, Dave... I wrote this post for you... Did you see your name, Dave? Dave, are you happy? Are you excited now, Dave?!

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Is answering a cell phone silly? Embarassing, yes, but not silly! And carrying a calculus book is definitely NOT silly!

I use the term 'silly' loosely though. I take it to mean 'not too serious'. So that's why you're silly! I think I just like the sound of the word!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home